Friday, November 23, 2018

Thankful

I love this time of year.  I absolutely love Thanksgiving and Christmas time.  So much of the world spends its time locked in arguments and harshness. but during this time love, joy, peace, patience and all of the fruits of the Spirit seem to naturally get amplified. Its wonderful and it brings such joy to my heart.

This year I have so very much to be thankful for and frankly my joy cup is overflowing.  Yes, I'm still injured, yes, I still can't run, yes, my house is still a bit chaotic on the flood fixing, and yes, things look a little different this year, BUT, I am happy.

I have found my joy again and I am content. 


.....and I am blessed!  I had the rich opportunity to host Thanksgiving this year following the passing of our Dear Great Grandma Joyce.  This year looks different for the Kuensters, and I was beyond honored to be able to host this year. I loved every second. From the elaborate dinner plans, to the prep, to the final product, my heart was overflowing this year, and I enjoyed every second of bringing Thanksgiving feasting to the table.


The only worry I had was about my bird.  2 years ago when I hosted I literally blew up a glass baking dish needing a neighbor's oven to finish my cooking.  This year I got the down low on cooking amazing and juicy turkey from a dear friend and let me tell you, IT WORKED like magic.  

On Thanksgiving morning I found myself in the pool for a sweet, quiet, and peaceful 2200 meters. I had the whole pool to myself, Just me and my grateful heart. Then I came home and sent Grandma, Bob, Lily, Evie, and Ellie off to the Mesa Turkey Trot 5k while I stayed home to get my birdie in the oven.  


The race was such a wonderful event for them, and my heart was full.  I wasn't sad. This year my heart was in the kitchen and I love that my girls raced with Grandma and Daddy.  A sweet memory.






I enjoyed peaceful cooking time and the chance to watch the start of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  I am usually running on Thanksgiving morning, and this year I relished the required opportunity to watch all of the parade! SO MUCH FUN!



All of the runners got back with medals and tales while I anxiously awaited the beep of my turkey. Oh the anticipation.....

And it was perfect.  Golden, juicy, and perfectly done. Praise Jesus!


You know they say a way to a mans heart is through his stomach. There are many ways to my husband's heart, but there is a lot of truth to that little ditty.



Grandma Jill and Aunt Sue made fruit Turkey's with the girls and played all measure of games, sidewalk chalk, and bicycle riding to occupy the time waiting on dinner.






When dinner was served I felt such a sense of purpose and joy.  From the turkey, to the 6 sides, to the pies, this years dinner was a true labor of love.  To honor those amazing women like my Grandma Fran, and Great Grandma Joyce who have gone before and established the traditions that I now get to carry on.  I feel very purposeful this year.


Our dinner was shared out in the beautiful Arizona Fall with Aunt Sue, Uncle Bill, Aunt Linda, Grandma Jill, Grandpa Steve, my family, and two friends from school, Kayla and Faith. Our table, our hearts, and our bellies were full.


 I am grateful.

I am thankful.

My cup overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment