Tuesday, November 6, 2018

8 is GREAT!

Dearest Lily,

You are 8!  Eight years old today and I am simply in awe of you.  You have become this amazingly wonderful young woman and I watch you daily with amazement.  Is there anything you believe you cannot do?



You are blossoming into this confident and tenacious little lady and you are loved by a great many people.  There is so much life in you these days and you have so many great friends.  You are a full on reader now and your math skills are exceptional.



Sweet girl, life has been hard lately with me being injured, Daddy being busy at work, and us navigating a flood and disrupted house.  Its been hard all the way around and we have all cried more tears than we would want to. But I cannot tell you enough how amazing you are, how amazing you have been, and how many wonderful things the Lord is bringing our family through all of this.  Lily you are going to change the world.  Without question or hesitation.  

You are a tender spirit with a determination and boldness to match it.  Your greatest lesson right now Lily is learning to let your own interests go for the sake of someone elses.  Like you said the other day, "Mommy, its so hard not being selfish."  Trust me, I know.  At such a tender young age you are learning to walk the narrow road and my heart wells with pride for every time you wrestle with this understanding.

Girl, you have got some leadership skills, and people flock to you.  All of your friends love to play with you and hear your great ideas.  The only time you struggle to keep friends is when you meet those kids with as much tenacity and leadership as you (like the Bee).  But you are learning, and you will figure it out.  Lead by loving others and considering others greater than yourself. The rewards of this kind of leadership are great, I promise.



One of my truly favorite things about you right now Lily is your independence.  You are simply not afraid to go and do and be adventurous.  I love it Lily.  I love that you are not afraid to be yourself and go with or without me and your Daddy.  Oh how we miss you when you are gone, but oh how proud of you we are. 

Lily, you feel so deeply, and your heart loves so big.  There are highs and lows and you dear girl, feel everything.   That will serve you wonderfully well and be a part of you that you will need to temper as you grow.  Trust me, I know what heavy emotions feel like.  

You have been made perfectly you, and everything you are is purposeful and destined for greatness.

Lily, Happy Birthday beautiful. Shine your light, keep loving Jesus, and know that we are always on your team.

XOXO
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment