Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sweet 16

Life has been, well....life lately. After my last post on peace I was almost positive that peace would find me and I would no longer feel so down. There are moments of peace, but they are somewhat of a rarity around here. We are still in the waiting zone on so many different fronts and I have decided that being unsettled is rather unsettling. I am constantly reminded that when we pray for patience the Lord doesn't endow us with patience, but rather gives us situations in which we can learn to be patient. Apparently this also applies for peace and trust. Who woulda thought?

I am most definitely looking forward to the spring these days. February was hard month with Rocky and all of the other stuff we are dealing with. I am praying that March shapes up to at least be a little better. We have so much to look forward to this month too. We got to see Grandma and Grandpa Longmire as well as Aunt Nikki and a very pregnant Aunt Darcie over the past weekend. Feddy and Kemo are coming this weekend, we are running the Tobacco Road Marathon on the 18th, then we have Grandma Jill coming in for 10 days at the end of the month. Should be a great March.

This past weekend we headed down to Charlotte for Darcie's baby shower and a MILA in home event. It was so special to get to spend the weekend with Bob's family and we fit all that we could into a few short days.


Lily is struggling a lot with strangers these days as well as being out of her comfort zone so the weekend was a bit challenging. Add to this she was dealing with a virus and running fever and feeling wretched. Grandpa Longmire was VERY glad she wasn't permanently his charge when we finally got back to her on Saturday.


Poor baby. She is now dealing with a rash all over her little body and desperately trying to feel better.



At 16 months, Lily is fast becoming a rambunctious, can't sit still toddler. She is climbing on everything these days and anxious to be on over or in anything that comes her way. She simply loves this chair.


She has managed to figure out how to use the footstool as a crutch to crawling up on the chair. The other day I came into the livingroom to find her all chillaxed attempting to turn on the TV. Adorable. She has also started to turn a little bit picky when it comes to food. We are working on that. I was so excited when I went to make salad the other night and she desperately wanted to hold the orange pepper. Always one to encourage veggie consumption, I thought it adorable when I turned to find her munching on the pepper. I was so excited to see it when I noticed that she was biting pieces out of the pepper and then spitting them out into a neat little pile.


So I ended up with a holey pepper and a messy kid. Whatcha gonna do?

We are working right now on communication to help assuage the onslaught of tantrums when Lily does not get her way. It is an uphill battle because screaming, yelling and thrashing makes much more sense to her than using her hands. We are getting there, but I have a whole new understanding of what it means to stay calm under pressure. There are also moments of sheer hilarity when she throws a tantrum. She is not overly fond of her carseat and lately has taken to arching her back and refusing to bend when I try to put her in it. At first I was upset and then it really became comical. I could just see what I must look like to every onlooker trying to wrestle my blonde haired, blue eyed toddler into her carseat. I did have to discipline her, but it wasn't before I practically peed my pants giggling. What a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment