Sunday, November 6, 2011

To my Daughter

Ah Lily Bear, I can't believe it has been a year. You have been a joy beyond my wildest hopes since we first got to meet you. Over the past year we learn more about you every day. Each time you look at me I see something special and unique in your eyes. You have a passon and compassion I can't wait to experience.


Your mother and I love each other so deeply and you are such a natural part of our family. Each day when I come home from work you are helping mom around the house or playing so well with your blocks. As soon as you see me your eyes light up and you reach out for me. Those moments are the best part of my day. There is a rhythm to our home that you complement so well.

As you can see, through all the blogs on this site, you are loved. You are cherished. You are a prize that I celebrate. You are the perfect addition to God's blessings in our lives. It has simply been a joy going through life with you this year. Even during the hard times I never wanted anything other than to be in that moment with you.

When you are old enough to read this please never forget the love we have for you. A love that comes from the Lord and flows through us as we try to do our best caring for you. Please forgive me when I fall short. I can assure you there is nothing you can do for me to Love you less. I am on your team and nothing will ever change that.

May you know comfort and compassion. May you have and experience true others centered love. May Grace be more than a title.

Happy Birthday sweetie. Daddy loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment