Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dear Lily



Happy Birthday Lily Grace! A year ago today they placed you in my arms and your Daddy and I got to meet you for the first time. I will never forget the day, I will never forget the moment. It is so amazing to think that an entire year has come and gone already! You are growing up so fast and I am in awe at the precious little girl you are becoming. The Lord has blessed your Daddy and I more than we could have thought possible with you. Everything about you reminds us of the love the Lord has for us. You know, sweetie, your middle name "Grace" is very special. You were given that name purposefully. When your Daddy and I found out that we were pregnant with you after so many years of trying, we were overwhelmed with joy. You are a priceless and precious gift, undeserved, but given freely to us. God's grace is even more amazing and we pray every day that you wil know the Lord and have a relationship with Him.

Lily, He is everything. He created you in the secret place and knows all about you. He purposed and planned you, called you by name and loves you. You know the amazing part? He loves you far deeper, wider, greater, longer and higher than Daddy and I could ever love you and we love you A LOT! The Lord is going to use you in mighty ways if you let Him. The road of life won't always be easy or seem fair. You will face tough decisions sometimes daily and Lily, you won't always make the right one. Even so, there is nothing though that you can do that would make me, Daddy or the Lord love you any less than we do. We are and always will be on your team.

Lily, the Lord has great plans for you. You are a beautiful girl with strength, passion and determination. Yes, I can already see those things in you. I know that you will be a leader for Christ and that your life and passion will effect a great many people. The Lord has given you His heart and He loves who you are. Use your gifts to fight for the weak, to stand up for injustice and to love those who some of the world would deem unlovable. Seek to be compassionate to everyone you meet no matter how different or "sinful" they may be. Don't judge or pre judge someone based on their lifestyle or actions, they are sinners in need of Your Savior just like you. Lily, the greatest way that you can love the Lord is to love others.


I wish that I could accurately put into words how much I love you, baby girl. Even as I write this I have tears in my eyes thinking about you. I never understood how special being a Mom is until I had you and every day I am in awe at the blessing you are to me. I love being your Mommy and there is nothing in the world I would rather do. Watching you grow up so fast is the most joyous and heart breaking thing. You won't be my baby girl forever and I find myself wishing that each day, hour, minute was just a few seconds longer. Then I find myself excitedly thinking of all we have to look forward to, those first steps on your own, your first day of school, the day you accept Jesus into your heart, driving, graduating........oh the list is endless. There is so much life ahead of you and I cannot wait to watch you in each moment. Happy Birthday Lily Grace!

I Love you
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a very, very special little girl many blessings from above you have a most wonderful mommy and daddy,and also your father from heaven,we love you little one<3
    Love Armando and Ofelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Linda and the four-footed gangNovember 15, 2011 at 12:48 PM

    how is it possible that Lily is a whole year old already..time goes so fast..my co-worker and her husband welcomed Sophie Grace on 11/11/11 no less and without any help for that date!! And I was honored to be at the birth of Miss Sophie as I wish I could have been there when you were born..the hour of the day was right for my working hours!! And Yes, Bethany I ordered the Mila, finally getting around to doing that today!!

    ReplyDelete