Friday, November 18, 2011

Blue Flames and Jewels

I have wanted to get my nose pierced for a long time. I know, many of you are going, REALLY? And yes, really. It has just never been right. First I had a career, and one that would not have looked kindly on a pierced nose. Then I had a baby, breastfed and couldn't risk a possible infection hurting the baby. So for my birthday this year I did it, I pierced my nose and I LOVE it!

I came up with the idea to do it for my birthday a few weeks ago and mentioned it to Grace. She has always wanted to pierce the cartilige in her ear so we decided to make it a date. On Wednesday of this week we psyched ourselves up all day, picked Bob up from work and headed down to the Blue Flame Tattoo joint. Okay, what a culture shock!


Here we were, Bob in his clean cut work clothes and sweet tattoo free Grace and I with our precious little doe skinned babies entering a nightlife tattoo parlour full of fully tattooed artists sporting piercings in everything you never thought could be pierced. We were a sight. Once we signed our waiver, met our piercer, selected our "studs," and mustered our courage we had to wait for a while. Oh dear!



Lily loved playing with the tattoo example boards, we were so glad that she was unaware of the questionable artwork on several of those boards.

15 minutes went by and it was TIME. Grace went first. She did great and she looks so cute!



After seeing how brave she was I knew there was no backing out!


Once I had my nose fully sanitized from the inside out I laid back.....took two deep breaths.....and WOWZA......Nose pierced!


Not going to lie, it was a bit painful, but I LOVE it and am so happy I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment