Monday, November 21, 2011

Climbing the Mountain

Well Lily Grace has been up to much as a one year old. She keeps me on my toes more and more each day. She is a quick little one and boy is she starting to get a little bit too smart for herself. I could not believe, the other day we were downstairs doing laundry when I watched as Lily crawled her way right over to the stairs and began the great ascent. She didn't even pause for concern. Here I was thinking that I was going to have to teach her how to traverse the steps when someone (I think it as Feddy:) had already beat me to it. She was an old pro and by the time I reached her she was already up 3 stairs. We climbed up both flights of stairs and caught her right before she summited. My baby is already stair climbing! I must admit, I was the very proud Mommy!



Lily has just recently absolutely fallen in love with Miss Grace. She is just mesmerized with her.


Even when I am in the room Lily just heads straight for Grace. I LOVE it. I love that Lily has beautiful women around her that want to be a part of her life. Grace is a heaven sent treasure and I am so blessed with how she loves on Lily. Every Tuesday, Grace watches Lily while Bob and I head to small group. I think that it is Lily's favorite time of the week. First, she gets to hang with her favorite big person and second she gets to play with her BFF Jancsi. What could be better than an evening of bath time and near nakedness.




Her curiosity about things and places is growing daily. The dishwasher holds a special fascination for her and when I am in the kitchen, I can usually find her somewhere near the utensil rack. She discovered the tops to our water bottles the other day and I turned around to find her using the top as a makeshift pacifier.


Of course her usual one is attached to her 24/7, but the bottle top was clearly the better choice.

We are so excited to head to Colorado for Thanksgiving this year and I simply cannot wait. Doing things with our Lily Bear gets more and more fun every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment