Saturday, July 30, 2011

Marmalade Skies

I know, I know, you are sitting there going, "Seriously, Bethany, when do we get to see the finished house." Soon, my friends, soon! It is somewhat tricky to get pictures of all of the rooms because 1) the baby is sleeping so I don't dare go near her room 2) I forget to take a picture of the baby room while she is awake or 3) keeping rooms clean enough to take a picture is harder than you would think. Getting the "finished" product on film has been a project to say the least. Once I capture the baby's room, I will end the suspense and give you all a tour.

The past week has definitely felt like somewhat of a whirlwind. Between finishing the unpacking, cleaning out the remaining odds and ends in the apartment, getting Lily back into routine and playing single parent for a couple of nights it was Monday one minute and Friday the next.

Friday was our official move out date for our apartment so Lily and I headed over to get checked out. The empty apartment was the perfect place to put the mobile little one, safety in all directions.


Although I am happy to see it go, the process of turning in our keys was somewhat bittersweet to say the least. After all, it was Lily Grace's first home. I suppose it will always have a special place in my heart.

After turning in the keys we picked up Bob from work and headed over to Marmalade Skies to celebrate another chapter closed in the Longmire Story.


Marmalade Skies is the best place ever! It is a frozen yogurt parlor that is all self serve yogurt and toppings. They have new flavors every week and a multitude of yummy toppings. The frozen yogurt is all sugar free, nonfat or low fat yada yada yada. So you don't feel too terrible when you add hot butterscotch, cheesecake bites, whip cream and chocolate chips to the top. After all, its yogurt, it has to be good for you! We sat down and enjoyed our sugar free sugar with Lily (who LOVES the stuff). She was so squirmy that Bob thought the best parenting choice at the time was to put her on the floor and let her crawl around.



She managed to scoot herself all around the store meeting patrons as she went. I am sure there are some raised eyebrows, but in our defense, I did take her pacifier off before she drug it around!

I have also succumbed to the pressure and have officially gotten myself a "Mom's Purse." You know the bag that has an endless supply of whatever you need at the right time. Think Mary Poppins and that will clear it up. Between the sippy cups, Cheerio container, extra toys, extra pacis, phone, wallet etc. etc., my little purse wasn't cutting it. I needed something with more square footage and frankly carrying around a diaper bag and a purse is highly impractical. So, here we are, I could even fit the baby should the occasion call for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment