Monday, July 25, 2011

All My Bags Are Packed....I'm Ready to GO!

Moving day finally arrived and I was up bright and early thinking of all I needed to do. While I took many weeks to pack boxes, it still felt like we had so much to do. So 5:45 rolled around and I was rarin' to go! Lily wasn't getting left, thats for sure!


Our lease technically didn't start until the 18th which was a Monday so I was worried about having help. Our landlord was awesome and let us move all of our stuff in a day early, Praise the Lord! We had Bob and Steve around to help get us moved. We were also quadruply blessed because our neighbor Eric Fichtner offered to help and he brought with him a posse of teenagers. The phrase, "Many hands make for light work" is so true! What a blessing to have so much help!

Steve started by taking apart all of the beds and of course Lily helped Daddy with his wires and technology.



Once all of the workers arrived we worked out a great system where we hauled down everything, Jill watched the baby amidst the chaos and Bob stayed in the truck as the official stacker-sorter-puzzle solver. It worked great and we were all packed up within 2 hours. WOW.



Now our new home is adorable, but it is not enormous by any stretch. It is spacious, but everything is smaller and of course having two families was going to put every nook and cranny to good use. I told Bob that our house is a metaphor for what has happened to America. Seriously, we have super sized everything including closets, door frames, hallway sizes and ceilings. It is really eye opening to live in an actual normal size house. We LOVE it. Albeit we have had a hard time finding a place for everything. The Goodwill has gotten much of our stuff over the past week or so. It has really shown me how utterly blessed we are! Thank you Lord.

Well, Jill and my first mission upon arriving in the new home was to paint the master bedroom.



I am so grateful too because it was a questionable yellow mustard color which was not going to work with my decor. So we secluded ourselves in the room and painted away. I think we took it from drab to fab. What do you think?

Before



After



The guys brought in the rest of the stuff and literally filled the dining and living areas.


Oh my. Since our lease didn't start until Monday we all headed back over to the apartment again to sleep on air mattresses.


Lily had a blast rolling around on the expanse of the living room and without TV we had a party on the floor and turned in early with the baby. Unpacking boxes would start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment