Thursday, April 14, 2011

God is Gracious!

Lily is just growing and changing every day and she is becoming such a busy little girl. It is so neat to watch her move. When she is not sleeping, she is rolling, kicking, shaking, talking and just bouncing around. Changing her diaper is becoming a tricky situation because she wants to roll over and grab her feet. It is so much fun. One of the cutest things that she has been doing lately is talking up a storm.



It is so sweet because she just sits and talks in this high pitched sighing kind of a sound. It makes Bob and I laugh so much. Now that she has figured out how to roll from her back to her stomach she does it all of the time. Sometimes she gets lazy and forgets how to go from her stomach to her back. She kicks and fusses and cries until I turn her back over. Lily adores her Daddy and smiles big when he comes home. It is so wonderful to see her light up when he walks through the door. She loves so authentically and perfectly.

When I look at my little girl, I find the most wonderful sense of peace. She has such a pure and unadulterated sense of joy.


The trust that she has when she looks at me and the security that she finds in my arms is something that I find so blessed! I hold her and want to guard her innocence with the ferociousness of a momma bear and I think so many times about the world that she is going to live in. She has no idea of the sin, sorrow, and evil that exists around her and I hate that she has to find out. Innocence is such a gift. Thankfully, the Lord has a plan for her even amidst our crazy world and He has given me strength to trust that He loves her more than me. He calms my spirit and assures me that there is a lot of evil, but there is a lot of good and beautiful things too. His grace is sufficient for me and Lily.

Speaking of God's Grace, we have been blessed with another baby in our lives. Our dear sweet friends Grace and Sebron welcomed their precious baby boy, Jancsi Sebron, into the world on April 10th and as Bob says, "He is perfect."


The Lord brought this sweet couple into our lives back in August of last year and we have had the privilege of welcoming each other's babies.


We have all been overwhelmed with the Lord's hand in our lives. We know that our little ones are a gift from above and are humbled that the Lord chose us to parent them. Grace shared with me that Jancsi is Hungarian for "God is gracious." The Lord honored Sebron with a dream that their child was to have a name with that meaning. When hearing the story I was incredibly blessed with the faith of this precious couple. With so much uncertainty in our lives it amazed me to see the hand of the Lord speaking to them so clearly. It made me think about our miracle baby and the reason we chose Grace to be Lily's middle name. Grace is undeserved, but freely given. It is a gift for no reason other than unbelievable love. How precious to be that important to our Heavenly Father. We are so blessed to be a part of Jancsi's life and agree wholeheartedly that "YES indeed, God is most assuredly Gracious!"


1 comment:

  1. We love you guys so much and have been so incredibly blessed by our friendship. We thank the Lord for causing our paths to cross!

    ReplyDelete