Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Williams Adventure Part 2

Our second day in Williams we woke up and headed to the Grand Canyon to give the South Kaibab trail a try.  IT was COLD, and windy, but we were all smiles.






The Grand Canyon never disappoints.  It is so magnificent.  I haven't been there since I traversed the entire thing las year.  Man what a difference a year makes.  Bob and I have never hiked South Kaibab and it was so much fun to explore this new trail a bit.




SK is much steeper initially than Bright Angel, but the trail was really fun to stop and look at.  




Lily was a trooper and kept telling me how much she wanted to get to the river one day.  






We made it a mile or so down to the Ooh Aah Point and made the turn.  We were all cold and the wind was beginning to make it not fun.  Bob and I were determined to give the girls a good experience so we trekked back up.








We stopped at the top for lunch and then headed to Bearizona!



Bearizona is quite the place and has both a drive through and a walk through section.  The animals were so active and we saw over 30 bears!









This bear down below is a whole mood.  I loved this guy.


The walk through section had some other awesome animals including this little beaver.




We ate very powdery funnel cake straws while watching the animal show.



And Lily was one happy girl when it started to SNOW!




Is it just me or does she look like shes 16?  I digress.



It snowed just long enough to get us all cold and wet.  Evie was so cold I bought her a bear blanket.  


How snuggly is she?




Bearizona was amazing and we all cannot wait to one day go back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment