Sunday, May 8, 2022

Oh the Wondrous Cross


"When I survey the wondrous Cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain, I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from His head, His hands, His feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet?
Or thorns compose, so rich a crown

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all"





Easter weekend this year was a lot of things.  I unfortunately was sick the entire month of April so even though I kept moving, the month is truly shadowed in feeling terrible.  

This year the girls and I attended Stations of the Cross and the Good Friday service which was particularly meaningful for me this year.  I won't lie, the Easter weekend was a harder weekend for a lot of reasons and attending the service with my girls outside in the church parking lot was truly a beautiful experience.



Following the stations of the Cross, our Church put together a board asking everyone to paint an answer to the words "I will go......" It was a really thought provoking and cool activity.


Mine was "rest." Totally counter to my entire personality but necessary.





We celebrated Easter Sunday with Grandma Jill and Grandpa Steve. We are so grateful to have them.

Our weekend project was to finally make pull out shelves for our pantry.  I won't lie, I felt awful, so Bob did most of my project, but I love the end result!






The cross is a symbol for hope.....and a reminder that love and grace truly has no bounds.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment