Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Our First Day!

You know, this probably didn't need its own blog, but I really couldn't help myself.  It was the first day back at school and it really felt more magical than it should have.  Its been a weird 16 months. The pandemic challenged and changed us.  It made us more resilient, yes, but it made us also more unsure.  I told Bob yesterday that I felt shakey.  So excited to have my girls back in person at school, and so nervous that we were going to get a call, an email, or a notification that changed everything and put us right back where we really didn't want to be.  Thanks Corona for the PTSD.


But we didn't, and the first day of school was as wonderful and exciting and lifegiving to all 4 of us as before and I am so grateful.  Bob and I worked, I scheduled photography, we cleaned and talked and just had a hot second.  I mean, the to do list is literally miles long, but whatever, we have time now.  

The girls were SO excited to go to school and we are not one ounce sad about it.  They are people that need people.  That makes them the luckiest people in the world!

Here's to a fantastic "normal" school year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment