Friday, June 26, 2020

Daddy is my Guy

Guys, time is flying.  This pandemic has done a lot of stuff, but the biggest of which is make me feel like the time is equal parts not moving and flying off the shelves.

Just today a friend of mine said, "Bethany, I feel like summer time has literally sped up my children's growth!"  Its true, being around the kids on a daily basis shows all the little changes that keep adding up to growing up.  It does happen fast.


I am so grateful to be doing this parenting thing with this guy, because every now and then the reality of knowing these girls will not be in our house forever hits me hard.  These baby birds have wings and man are they testing them.



I know that Dad's are special, but having girls has made me all the more sure that having a good man in your daughter's life can make all the difference.  The way he leads and loves and honors them is good.  Its so good and something worth celebrating.

Plus, lets face it, he's the one that can turn a car wash into whatever all this was!.....









Does not get better than that.

I can remember when I first married Bob I would have a recurring dream.  It was one in which he would come home from whatever line of work he was in and on his way up the walk his daughter (hmmmmm) would run out and without pause he would lift her into his arms.  Simple, but I dreamt it often.  To have a man who longs so deeply to love his wife and his children that we, those people, simply could not wait for him to arrive.



Its my reality and a gift.  It's priceless



Bob, I am thankful for you, and grateful for your heart.  Thank you for always committing to us and for showing our girls what deep sacrificial love looks like.  Thank you for leading graciously and walking through fire some days to reach us.  For being our safe space.....

Happy Father's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment