Sunday, June 28, 2020

Adulting is Hard.....We Out!

Pandemic craziness aside, it is a delight to travel these days!  A couple of weeks ago, I headed back out to Colorado for another photography trip. I have deeply missed my travel, and deeply missed visiting my girlfriend Sarah too.  Sarah is a traveling nurse in LA currently so instead of going alone my girlfriend Melissa came with me and we had a masked blast.


After my successful work breaking my Starbucks habit I have only reintroduced it.  ITS SO EXPENSIVE!  BUT so worth it every now and then.  A plane ride....with my book.....so worth it.





 Our new pandemic normal makes all the things a little weird, but I won't lie, social distance travelling is magical.  We not only flew on a half full flight, but managed to enjoy the light rail, and stop at a very not busy Union Station.

Melissa and I stayed at my dear friends TJ, and Justin's house.  TJ went to great lengths to be sure that we would have a lovely time.  We had complete access to her wine cupboard, her hot tub, her garage gym, and Netflix.  I daresay it was a slice of heaven. 


We shared so many great conversations and laughed a lot.  Breaking from the constancy of Motherhood was wonderful.  

On the first day of our trip, I had the blessing of meeting with this lovely lady below.  Tracy is a new friend of mine that I got to know because of my dear friend Rebekah.  When I met her she was moving out to CO and I am so glad that I was able to make her a priority and catch up a bit.  People and relationships are such a blessing.  I am so excited to have yet another beautiful human in CO to see.




I only had 3 clients for the weekend which allowed us to stay up late, sleep in, have breakfast whenever, and shop.  It was great and we even managed to find a couple of restaurants to eat out at.  

My favorite day was our last day when we spent a large portion of the day in Boulder.  It has been a while since I have found myself in Boulder and cannot believe how spectacularly beautiful the place is.  We walked the main street in our masks and found a little hole in the wall spot for dinner.  My clients met us on the Boulder CU campus and the place they picked was simply amazing.  I have so many incredible shots from that session and think I have found a new favorite place for pictures.




Amidst the regulations, masks, and closures, the City of Boulder was so joyful.  There is something akin to hope that runs even down the crosswalks.  There is kindness and there is love plus the deer run free......and I even think Melissa encountered a racoon!


I am so thankful to have friends in many places and open homes and hearts.  Its a blessing and was a truly wonderful experience to share with Melissa.  Here's to many more adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment