Friday, June 19, 2020

Coronavirus Quarantine Half Marathon

Okay, virtual races are the new it thing.  I won't lie, I have never been one for virtual races.  ENTER QUARANTINE.  Virtual half marathons have been the thing that has gotten me through the hardest months of the stay at home order.  Its even been more fun since I have been able to register for some awesome medal bling to thoroughly memorialize "that time we had a Pandemic."  May it not be forgotten.


Last month Bob and I found this spectacular 13 mile course up by my parent and I will not lie, it was amazing and such a fun run.  


The Los Burros Trail was up at over 7000 feet so the altitude was challenging, but the weather was cool, it had rained the day before, and the area was completely ours.  We didn't see a single soul throughout our entire run and I cannot iterate enough how magical the trees and setting were!



Ellie puppy was living the high life with no leash, mud puddles, and endless forest to run in.  I am quite sure she ran near 20 miles to our 13, but the joy of watching her bound through the forest was nothing short of perfect.  This little puppy, she makes us so happy.



We ran, walked much of the distance because it was hard, and high altitude, but it was a fantastic morning spent with each other doing what we do.  MOVE.  

And seriously, how about this medal to remember it by.  I mean come on.  These COVID-19 medals make me smile.  Such a fun way to earn its placement on our medal wall.



We finished our morning run with a lot of smiles and later found ourselves out drinking a beer at our favorite mountain brewery.  I can really get on board with this whole virtual racing thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment