Saturday, November 30, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me

Well guys, I am another year older and walking closer to 40.  The older I get the more confident I can say that Age is truly just a number.  I sure don't feel 3 years away from 40, but maybe that is the beautiful thing.  Maybe it really is true that you DO just get better with age. 


Last year I celebrated my birthday in a boot and closed it out with a cast.  This year I started my day with a 4.5 mile run and it was good.  Praise the Lord for healing, and a body that can run again!  Last year felt like being lost in a storm, but here I am, found and happy and running.  I am also signed up to run my first 1/2 marathon post injury.  So grateful.


My family went all out celebrating me this year and my 3 most favorite things were not having to make dinner on my birthday, this homemade lemon cake, and 3 of the most beautiful cards a Momma could ask for.

Then we got to see Frozen II and it was magical. SO MAGICAL.  I love doing these things with my girls.  We had to get all dressed up for the occasion and Disney did not disappoint.  My favorite song was "Into the Unknown."  So powerful.  And Kristoff........all I can say is THANK YOU Disney for giving us a man who is an emotional hero!  Anna, you picked a good one!



We had rain and rainbows and I spent the week leading up to my birthday with friends, a California Trip, and so much love from all of my people.  


Bob even blessed me with this little gem of a shirt. I love that man.


37 is starting off pretty dang good and I am looking forward to what this year might bring me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment