Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Guys, She's Nine.

This beautiful girl is nine years old today!  Shes NINE! And shes amazing.  Like full on amazing cool kid who has her own voice, her own joy, and her own mind.  This girl is INCREDIBLE.  To give you an idea of how amazing she is, I was editing the pic at the bottom of this post and attempting to smooth out my "fresh off the gym face" when Lily walks in and says, "I don't know why anyone would want to change themselves.  I love me!"

That a girl!!!



Lily has got such maturity these days and is really becoming an emotionally intelligent young woman.  She can comfort a sad heart, and always seems to know when someone needs a hug.  She is strong, body, mind, and spirit.  Her depth has depth and the kid feels all the feels.

She loves her sister....even when she doesn't, and Evie is the one person who just has her number.  She is an incredible big sister though, and Evie loves her.  Evie trusts her and Evie desperately wants to do what her sister can do.  Lily is worth imitating and Evie knows it.  
 

This little girl is so very much like her Father, and I love it.  I love her father with my whole being and knowing that we made such an incredible kid who share's parts of us so equally is nothing short of Divine.  In stature she's tall and strong like Daddy, in spirit she is strong, full of character, and bold, and in heart she is love.  That all in, be friends with everyone love with all the love.  I married her Father for many of these reasons..........


Lily's energy is limitless and she shares love of the nights with her Daddy.  The Bee and I catch the early bird, but those two like to party with the owls.  Its perfect and its special.  


My first baby has become a young woman and we are beginning that beautiful sprouting of a budding friendship.  This kid is deep and will ask questions that make me stop and marvel at the amazing creature both fearfully and wonderfully made and mine.

I am more aware this year that this baby girl belongs to a King who has great purpose and plans beyond my wildest dreams.  I may have carried her and birthed her, but every day I get to know her and like her more and more.  Her light is shining and Bob and I are just over here stoking the fire.  


My Lily,

You, dear girl, will always be the baby of my dreams.  You are incredible, and beautiful, and smart, and kind.  You are the daughter of the King and you are His light in this world.  Keep growing, and loving others, keep changing your world.  Be a light on a hill and don't ever let this world dim your sparkle. I am grateful for you.  I thank God everyday for you.  You were the baby I prayed and cried for.  You are one of the best things I ever did in my life. Live boldly, live wildly, and keep showing the world Jesus.


Happy Birthday girlie.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment