Monday, November 4, 2019

Don't Call Me "Too Little!"


Hey Bee, 

Mom here.  

I have been wanting to write this little blog to you for a while now.  I have been thinking a lot about it ever since you were told this summer at the public pool that you were "too little" to jump off the high dive.  

They don't know you Bee, but I do, and it drove me nuts watching you be told you can't do something you are fully capable of doing merely because you don't fit a size requirement.  Watching your spirit sink whenever people would call you "too little" and the conversations we would have with you wishing you were bigger. Girly I am gonna stop right now and tell you something.



Being little in stature and weight is NOT a bad thing.  Its not a negative, its not a downside.  Quite honestly, its one of your many superpowers little one and I just want to take a moment and say it out loud. You are incredible.  You are amazing. You are one of the most capable and strong little girls I know.  And your value can't be determined by size or whether or not you are big enough.

Bee, don't ever let the world dim your sparkle.  Don't let rules or limitations make you any less sure of who you are.  Like I always say, know your truths, and say them over and over and over.  Even when you are walking down the stairs to the big pool slide, past all the "big kids," because you were told you were "too little." Hold your head high little one.....Mom knows you aren't afraid.

Jesus knows too.....



He made you......absolutely perfectly the way that you are and if you let Him use you, you will be the biggest light in this world. Maybe said another way, your little self has a BIG shining light.

Remember I told you little was a superpower?  Well, one day Bee you are going to meet someone who has been told that they can't. Someone who is undervalued and unjustly limited, and you my little warrior are going love them, and lead them, and remind them of what is true.  Jesus is going to use you.......


So promise me that you will not let the words "Evie is too little" ever take away your joy.  Take it as a compliment. I wouldn't change one thing about you and coming from your Momma (who's an IRONMAN) being little is pretty sweet.

Go do big things little girl
All my love
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment