Monday, December 2, 2019

Longmires 2019

Alright!  I made it here!  Its time to close out 2019 and I am still trying to find my own tail.  I honestly could start writing and not stop for a long time to cover all that 2019 was and still is. WHEW, what a year.  I suppose I say that every year, but darn it, every year its TRUE!

So Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and a very Joyous New Year!  We Longmires are all still here growing up, living life, and doing our kingdom work.  What a joy to LIVE!  


2019 has been a mix of emotions to be honest. My year started just out of a cast for my foot injury.  I spent 6 months trying to pin the tail on the proverbial donkey.  Oh how discouraging much of my spring was.  BUT God is good and ever faithful.  He lead me to an incredible Chiropractor/PT who helped me navigate what we discovered was a nerve injury.  Through a lot of sweat, tears, and pain, he faithfully worked on me and I am now back to running ANY TIME I WANT TO.  The road through my injury was so long and frustrating, but I am on the other side and rejoicing.  I CAN RUN!  


Oddly, my foot injury changed my life.  It changed my perspectives, view of myself, focus, and helped me truly prioritize what I think is important.  It was a personal teacher that I didn't want.  BUT the growth, change, personal security, faith, and deep love and gratitude that I now hold was worth it.  You heard it here.......it was worth it.

My photography business remains my first love and I am ever so grateful for the friends, family, and new faces, that call me every year.  Whether here, in Colorado, on Tybee Island, or anywhere else, I consider it a blessing without doubt.  I also work with Bob and Matt in my spare time.

Working with PSPC has afforded me the luxury of travelling and I absolutely love going on business trips with my husband.  Its a fun and new chapter for us and I truly enjoy it.  


Bob is incredible and his work with PSPC only gets better and better each year.  The man is talented and so competent and has truly found success where he is.  The company still affords us the luxury of having him home and available most of the time.  We travel and take long weekends and the beauty of that flexibility is not lost on me.  I am so proud of him, and so glad that we have the ability to support our friends, family, and community with time and resources because of it.


This year Bob has really taken on 2 big things, golf and remodeling. Boy oh boy.  Bob really wanted to up his golf game and spent several months this year taking lessons, getting the right golf clubs, and learning to play better.  Its been fun watching him ride the roller coaster of improving his game.  He plays as often as he can given the rest of life's demands and we just spent the weekend out at the Mecca of golf, Monterey Bay, CA where he and Matt played Spanish Bay and Pacific Groves.  Truly a special thing.

Bob's big remodeling projects this year were finishing the flooring from our flood, building a brand new patio cover, replacing part of the roof, and completely remodeling our master bathroom.  Oh and completely remodeling Grandma's new house.  He did it all and while the massive sense of accomplishment feels amazing, we are both glad to be on the tail end of all that.  

Speaking of Grandma Jill, what a year it has been for her!  The festivities started last June when she retired and bought a house out by us!  Then in July we all had the awesome opportunity to go out to Tybee Island for a week of celebrating Grandma and living life with all the family we hardly get to see!  What a joy.  This Fall, she moved in and we have a Grandma right down the street.  Its pretty awesome!


Lily and Evie have done what everyone warned me about......grown up.  It does happen and it does happen fast!  I mean shoot, Evies growth can be seen in how few teeth she actually still has. Lordy, once one started, they all came pouring out!  Her holey smile is everything it should be.

The girls have such a wonderful relationship.  Oh there is fighting and furious emotions in our house every now and then, but man do they love each other, and when they play together and find joy in each other it blesses me more than you know.  I remind them all the time how special it is to have a forever friend built into your sister.  



Evie Frances can READ!  Of course she can, she's a 1st grader.  The maturity that has happened over this year is amazing.  She has transitioned from kinder kid to an elementary girl.  This year has really seen her growth and Ms. Balanoff absolutely loves her.  Evie loves to help and is on the ball with the classroom routine.  She is a fantastic kid and a wonderful student.  Plus she's smarter than most and loves to know stuff.  Evie tried karate this year and while good at it, didn't love it.  We are having a hard time finding something that excites her like swimming does for her sister.  We will find it and until then we will let her try a bunch of things.  The Bee is outspoken, fearless, determined, and BOLD.  She's fiesty guys and I love it.  This little lady has taught me to be creative and parent in a whole new way.  She is amazing.


I find myself having to laugh at a lot more and be angry at a lot less.  Keep the big things big and the small things small.  She's fun, and both of my girls know how to giggle more than most.


Lily turned 9 this year and she is incredible.  She currently fits in all my shoes, and is FAST rivaling my height.  Lily joined the MAC swim team this year, and let me tell you, I am not totally sure I could hold her off in the pool anymore.  The kid is strong and has legs like a powerhouse.  She told me the other day, "Mommy, I want to be a champion swimmer."  Go kid. She swims 2 to 4 times a week at an hour and a half each day. WOW......and LOVES it. 

Lily has such deep empathy, and she asks such poignant and good questions.  She wants to know and understand.  Lily wants to do the right thing. She is thriving in 3rd grade and is loved by many many kids and teachers.  She has really found her reading this year and her favorite books are the DogMan books.  The other night Bob and I checked on the girls at 930 and they were both snuggled up in Lily's bed with a flashlight reading Dog Man.  My heart felt all the feels. 



Both of these girls LOVE to ride horses with their Memaw and ski.  We introduced the idea of skiing to them last Christmas and it stuck.  They love it and cannot wait to go back this year for some time on the slopes.  Our puppy Ellie LOVES the mountains, and especially the snow.  Every time we go up there she runs free and is so happy.  That puppy is a treasure and we are all so much happier with her in our lives.


We are delighted this year to have my parents in our Christmas pictures.  We have such a wonderful time in the mountains with them.  We all lost Bon Bon this year who was Memaw and Papa's oldest horse.  It hit both me and the girls hard.  I literally grew up with Bon Bon.  She has always been a part of the Flying E and it was sad to see her go.  Evie Bee took the loss hard as Bon Bon was her steed and personal favorite.  She is getting to know RJ now and I am hoping that she continues to find joy riding on him.





Like every year 2019 had its highs and its lows but we remain hopeful and joyful. We have been richly blessed with incredible friendships and family and the joy of doing life with them. If my word for last year was Joy, my word for this year is hope.  We are expectant and believe that there are good things in store for us and for those we love.


So hug your loved ones much this season and know we are hugging you from afar.
We are grateful for you!
May your holiday season be merry, and your 2020 very bright!
Bob, Bethany, Lily, Evie, and Ellie the Pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment