Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Very Special Visit

We had two very special visitors to our house last weekend.  Great Grandma Joyce and Aunt Sue came out.  Last weekend was the first time since Bob and I got married that Joyce has been to the Rocky Mountains.  What a treat.  It was a really quick visit, but we enjoyed every minute. Wouldn't you know it that the two days they were here we got a couple of nice snow storms that left several inches of Denver snow on the roads.  We hunkered down inside and spent a glorious day with each other.



Lily regaled Great Grandma with all manner of stories and information while Evie spent many moments in the snuggles of Aunt Sue.  Lily was enamored with Aunt Sue too because she lives close to Minnie Mouse's house (Disneyland).  Plus, she looks a lot like that other favorite Grandma she adores.  I was simply grateful to have people around.  Since Bob has started his new job and is gone quite a bit it was wonderful to have some adult company in the house.


Grandma Joyce is a beautiful woman inside and out and I just love having her in our lives, especially for my girls.  She is a simple woman and doesn't need much to make her happy.  That is admirable to me.  I treasure time spent with her and love sharing conversations over similar decorating styles.  I am blessed by her and in some small way can stay connected to my own precious Grandma through her.  My biggest hope is that Evie and Lily will not only know her, but have a relationship with her.  She is a wealth of life knowledge and the perfect example of what it looks like to serve others and live life gracefully.


It was a very special visit and one that I hope we can do again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment