Sunday, February 9, 2014

Someday

Someday I will wake up having slept the whole night through
And waking I will quietly wonder what my girls have been up to

Someday I will have the time to sit and finish a book
But long for the days of Dr. Suess and stop to take a look

Someday I will run long miles with no jogger pushing back
And in the quiet dearly miss my noisy little pack.

Someday I will have the time to do whatever I please
And miss the time I had to give to keep my girls at ease.

Someday I won't have to change a stinky poopy diaper
But miss those many giggles and smiles I discovered on the changer.

Someday my house will be picked up no toys across the floor
I'll just have the memories, those days will be no more


Someday Tangled and Mulan will be just movies on my shelf
I'll miss them but just wouldn't want to watch them by myself.

Someday I will find myself the mother of two graduates
And shed a few unbidden tears of pride, their biggest advocate.

Someday I will find my girls strong women embracing their world
And wonder how the time flew by especially when I felt unheard.

Someday feels forever away when I'm right here in the trenches,
But each day takes my little girls closer to our little nests edges.

I will not wish their life away although some days are LONG
Because I know that someday their constant presence will be gone.

So I will find the grace and peace to hold each moment tight
And pray for strength and fighting will to raise each one up right.

Someday is tomorrow

In Today I will stay.

1 comment: