Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Running Buddies

Its months like this February that remind me how grateful I am for 2 things.......Friends and Running.  I am even more grateful that both are combined in my dear friend Sarah.  She and I have become inseparable running partners lately and we are usually found at least once if not twice a week out on the Mary Carter Greenway, pushing our children and running our stress out.  


This winter we decided to do the Winter Distance Series here in the City. It all started with the Santa Stampede 10k in December, followed by the Frosty Frozen 5 miler in January and ending this past weekend with the Snowman Stampede 10 miler.  The races have been great motivation and fantastic goals during the frigid snowy weeks.  Plus we have gotten to run all 3 races without our running brood.  


Bob came to our race this past weekend with Evie and captured our journey.  It was insanely windy which made for a MISERABLE final 5 miles, but we did it and finished strong.  



I am so blessed to have fellow running mothers to walk this parenting journey with.  February has been a challenging sometimes very lonely month for me.  I have dealt with sickness, and am still dealing with it,  all while adjusting to the long hours of a new job and significantly more single parenting hours. Its been quite a change and I've felt stuck in a little dark rain cloud.  I constantly remind myself that even though it wont be like this forever, it will be like this right now.  


Still I will be hopeful.  Even though it may be cloudy for a little longer, therapy sessions like this one seem to make it all alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment