Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Letter to my 8 Month Old

Dear Little Bee,

8 months has come and gone, you are growing up right before my eyes.  I have had in my mind to write your 8 month blog all day today and now at 9:30 at night have found the uninterrupted time to do it.  Life has been busy this past month baby girl and with your Daddy off on his new job, your Mamma is workin' hard.  Right now you and your sister are fast asleep while your Daddy and I spend some time in the basement.  My moment to just stop and think of you has come.


Little girl, I love you.  Those 3 little words don't do the love I have for you justice.  You are so special to me and the joy you bring to me is simply supernatural.  You are beautiful and so happy these days.  You are kicking up a storm and laugh and giggle with your whole body.  It delights me.




You have completely mastered the art of rolling over and usually manage to get into all sorts of places as you explore across the ground.  While you are not in a hurry to crawl, you are so anxious to follow your sister and have started to pull your knees up underneath you.  You will be crawling in no time I am sure!  



Since you spend so much time on the floor, you tend to get tired of it and scream to sit up.  Sitting up  on your own is still a little ways away, but if I sit behind you you LOVE to play with Lily or one of your toys.  You are getting stronger every day.  


This month I have seen your personality start to make an appearance and I LOVE it. Yes we have had to have some conversations about not screaming at me, but you have found your voice and are learning to use it with ease.  You are a pretty laid back little lady, but when you want something, its serious!  




I love this stage that you are in Evie Bee.  I love how much you love me right now.  You cry when I leave the room and light up with joy when I come back.  It warms my heart more than you will ever know.  You giggle and keep me company, you talk and sing.  You are the best little cold weather running partner. You are beautiful.




You also have a special place in your little heart for your Memaw.  When you see her you smile too.  Maybe its because she looks like me, or maybe its because you know how awesome she is.  Either way it is so much fun to watch.  



Baby girl, I must admit, tonight I don't want you to grow up anymore.  You are simply perfect right now and I love every moment I get to spend with you.  I love your kisses, your snuggles, your kicks and your sweet blue eyes.  This month I am especially glad that the Lord blessed us with you.  You remind me every day that the best things happen to those who wait patiently and hope in the Lord.


Happy 8 months bug!

Love
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment