Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Anti-nesting

Inevitably every pregnant woman hits the "nesting" phase during the last few weeks of pregnancy.  It manifests itself differently I suppose.  Some women cook and clean like crazy, others decorate and set up house, some reorganize furniture while others pay bills and tie up loose ends.  The one thing any doctor/website/blog will tell you is, "Don't move while you are pregnant."  Why?  Because packing boxes and living in disorganization is stressful and simply the complete opposite of nesting.  My Dad aptly called it "anti"-nesting.


I don't know how we Longmires plan it so well, but each time we have been pregnant we have moved and this time we are moving 2 weeks before D-day.  My nesting bells are ringing through my head all of the time and I am living in a pile of boxes and well, more boxes.


The one AMAZING thing about moving when I am this far along is that when it comes to lifting and doing anything other than packing and taping, I am out of commission.  Thankfully we have got so much family and lots of moving helpers to help us get the job done.  Packing and cleaning are being done in small stages because I get tired so easily!  The other day Memaw and Papa came down and helped me for a while,  Dad is a great box packer and Mom was wonderful to help clean!  Lily of course was only to eager to help.


Although it is challenging and very unsettling, the Lord has BLESSED us with a house and space!  I cannot wait to be out of apartment living especially with two little ones to manage.  Yes it is stressful, and yes I wish it could have been planned a little better, but I am not complaining.  When good things happen you roll with them!  Even when you literally have to "roll" with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment