Sunday, May 5, 2013

34 Weeks

I am not quite sure why 34 weeks was such a milestone for me, but at this point, every two weeks seems to be a monumental success.  Truthfully, I am really looking forward to week 36, nearly full term and only 4 more weeks to go, but 34 was big too.  I am constantly reminding myself that even though I am meeting these milestones, there is no guarantee that June 14th is the day.  Nope, its just another milestone.  


Evie Frances has been so very active lately and because she is getting bigger she is getting stronger.  Between the constant movement and occasional punch to the ribs, hip and side sometimes I feel the hours of the day just crawl by.  I am having constant braxton hicks contractions which is normal, but sometimes so unnerving.  I have had days where I have had 15+ contractions.  No they aren't painful, but they are tight and can be uncomfortable.  Her little head is way, WAY down in my pelvis so the hip, low back and ligament pain has been at sometimes excrutiating levels.  This sounds very melodramatic, but with so much discomfort I tend to feel a bit crippled.  There are days when a trip to the grocery store or Costco feels insurrmountable.  Yes, this is coming from the marathoner.  


I have been completely averted to meat lately and am contemplating taking up a vegetarian diet.  Aside from the occasional light sandwich, I have found myself wanting salad, bread, veggies or just a smoothie.  My nausea is staying at a consistent level and in case you wanted to know, I threw up this morning......HARD.  I have a little popped blood vessel on the inside of my nose and I keep seeing it out of the corner of my eye thinking it is dirt.  Please laugh......if you don't, I am just going to fall to pieces again like I did this morning.  Most days I can wake up, say my "Lord help me" prayer, and get on with my day.  Such was not the case this morning.  For a good 15 minutes, the misery beat me and I could do nothing other than cry into my pillow and let my husband hold me.  This of course came after a wonderful afternoon yesterday complete with a long and overdue pedicure followed by a wonderful dinner out.  The silver lining.


I got to help my photographer friend out again by modeling for a posing guide she was putting together.  The Lord has really blessed me with the opportunity to model for her photography.  It helps me see the beauty of creating life instead of only seeing my pregnancy through the haze of sickness, pain and vomiting.  She makes me feel a sense of wonder, awe and admiration for the woman captured in these images.  And then I remember, thats me and my little Evie.

No comments:

Post a Comment