Friday, May 17, 2013

MOM

Well, inevitably so, I have gotten behind on my blogging.  With so much going on in my life, doing a day after Mother's day post just didn't happen and I have now found myself nearly a week past that day and just now getting to it.  Oh well, such is life.  I keep telling myself that this is just the beginning of being to busy to stay on top of things.


Anyways, Mothers Day was an interesting day this year primarily because Grandma Fran wasn't here.  Every year I send cards to all of the Mothers and Grandmothers in our life and it hit me really hard when I realized that I don't get to send my Grandma her card.   It seems that the loss of Gran Fran is somehow harder now than it was 5 months ago.  Furthermore, I knew that Mother's Day was going to be especially difficult for my Mom and Aunt Jayne.  They are now in a whole new place in life where they have become the matriarchs.  Their Grandmas and now Momma are gone and I can only imagine being in that space.  With so many new babies and life amongst us it provided a lot of joy, but the loss was felt too.

We decided to keep it simple and enjoy a picnic in the park just Bob, Lily, Evie, Memaw, Papa and Me.  It was wonderful and quiet, a perfect way to enjoy the afternoon and celebrate Mom and Me.

 



I found myself relishing the fact that I am now considered amongst the Mothers, and that I too, am hopefully raising a new generation of Mommys.  A Mother is such an incredible person.  I have always loved mine, and am eternally grateful for her.  Becoming a Mom and seeing how much Lily loves me and wants me in her life is so humbling and so unbelievably rewarding.  If you have a great Mother, honor and love her, every moment, every day.


Mother's Day is a special day of just being able to pause amidst the rush of "being Mom" and remember why we do what we do.  It's so we leave a legacy.  One just like my Grandma left my Momma, one that she is leaving for me, and one that I will be blessed to leave to my girls.


Happy Happy Day to all of the great women who call themselves a Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment