Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dear Lily

We are getting closer and closer to the time when our little family of 3 becomes a family of 4.  I love you so much little girl and even though I love your sister a lot too, I am gonna miss just you and me.  Its  going to be a lot of fun once Evie gets here and the three of us girls have got a lot to look forward to, but I want you to know how much I have loved the time I have had with you.


You are special Lily Grace and every day I see more and more of God's handiwork in you.  I simply cannot wait to see you in the big sister role and know that you will be great at it.  You are so independent, so strong and such a leader.  Those are very special qualities especially for a big sister.

Today I wanted to take some time and write down all of the neat and frustrating things that you are doing these days.  I also wanted to write down all of your favorite things right now.  These things seem to change as you grow, but I never want to forget each stage with you.

You LOVE Minnie Mouse, especially your pink Minnie shirt.  If I would let you, you would wear it 24/7 and never take it off.  I can't wait till you meet the real Minnie!


Veggietales is still your favorite music and you love the "Family Song" and "This Little Light of Mine" right now.  I have to play them over and over and over again.  When the Family song starts you always say "Mommy, put your fumb up!" and we go through all of the fingers together.  When This Little Light starts you tell us to "Put your shine up!"  We do and you love to stick your light up too.

At night time you only want bedtime stories from Mommy, but you LOVE shower time with Daddy.  Franklin the turtle stories are always on the agenda and of course you love your Bible stories.  Right now I always have to read you the "Don't cut his hair" one (story of Samson) and you love the "Dinner story" where Jesus feeds the 5000.  Your other favorites are Jonah and the big Fish, Jericho, Lazarus and the one where Jesus teaches the disciples how to be fishers of men.  You simply love your Bible and Jesus.  It thrills me!

Horses are still your most favorite thing, much to Memaw's delight.  You have your two big horseys named Precious (the brown one) and Hatch (the grey one).  You read to them, have Daddy tickle them, watch Elmo with them and always remember them for night time.


Speaking of Elmo, boy do you like him.  "Elmo's World" or "Elmo Potty Time" gets a viewing nearly every day.

You give great kisses and even better hugs!

Frustration is a hard thing for you and you just HATE when you can't do what you want to do.  We are working on learning to problem solve right now because when you can't fold your blanket just right or get your stroller where you want it you scream and yell instead of ask for help.  Memaw says you are just like her.


You have been wanting to test your boundaries lately and have gotten hurt as a result.  You grabbed Mommys shaver and cut your thumb then you decided you wanted to touch the hot iron after I had ironed Daddy's shirt.  We have told you not to numerous times, but you have a mind of your own.


You love to hide with Daddy under a big blanket, you call it your "fort."  Tickles and throws are still your favorite activity with Daddy and you LOVE to walk around the lake by our apartment.

You love to run, especially in bare feet!  Speaking of bare feet  you never like to wear shoes!  When you are not bare footed, you love to wear your horsey socks, one pink and one purple!

Whenever Baby Evie starts to kick you like to hug her and tell her that you love her.  Evie loves it when you hug.  I know this because she moves around when you do!


You have such a sweet spirit Lily and are so kind to others.  People love you because you give hugs and love to talk to people.

You can count to 10 in English, Spanish and French and you love your numbers puzzle, princess puzzle and Minnie Mouse puzzle.


You love to wear dresses and put bows in your hair.  After you are dressed you always run to Daddy so that he can see how pretty you look.  You love your Daddy a lot!  You also like it when your fingernails are painted.

You know why Jesus died on the cross and you also know why to tomb was empty.  Your heart is open to Jesus and I can see Him in you!


Baby Girl, you are growing up so very fast and becoming a simply beautiful little girl inside and out.  You are so important to me and so special.  I know that things are gonna change when Evie comes into our lives and we will have to learn to share each other.  But never forget that you are my special flower.  My one and only Lily!

All my Love
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment