Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegas Baby!

It feels like I waited FOREVER for Vegas to get here and in a whoosh, the trip was gone.  It was awesome, but amazing how fast it went.  More than anything it was simply a blast to hang out with Matt and Tara and literally have nothing planned on the books.  We woke up every morning when we wanted to, did whatever we wanted all day, got dressed up at night and even crashed early.  Even at 11 or midnight we were still early crashers by Vegas standards.


Bob has been travelling like crazy.  He spent the 3 days before Vegas in Texas and then flew into Vegas to meet me last Wednesday.  Lily got to spend the time with her Mema, Papa and GranFran so she was set.  I don't think she missed us once!  It was wonderful to reconnect with Bob sans Lily and start our Vegas Vacay.  This year we stayed at Planet Hollywood which is right in the middle of the strip and a perfect place.  Not too shabby, not too fancy and they have PF Changs, one of my favorite restaurants, right inside.  Our first night out was super low key.  We had a nice leisurely dinner and then cashed it in early.  What a concept to know that a little one isn't going to wake you up at 6:30 the next morning (I was still wide awake at that time, but felt nice to not have to leap out of bed).

We toured some of the new City Center and walked through some of the lavish lobbies and retailers.  Bob and I were joking that several of the shops must have a credit check in order to let you in.  Either that or you have to show that you have a credit card limit of $50,0000 plus.  Yeah, not for us Longmires.



Later that afternoon Tara and I enjoyed my birthday present, Stripper 101 Class.  Now I know some of you are raising an eyebrow, but let me tell you, it was so much fun.  After the lap dancing part we got to take a pole dancing class.   We twirled around the pole, did spins around it, slid down it and learned all sorts of moves.  In an alternate life, I was so a pole dancer.  What a BLAST!


It was exhausting and I had muscles that were so sore.  Let me tell you, I found a whole new respect for Strippers.  They work HARD!!!  No, I am not planning on taking up a new career, but it was the perfect thing to do in Vegas.  The best part were the 3 old ladies that were in the class.  Rock on ladies!  I hope when I am 60 I can still spin like that.

That night we decided to sit down and play a little 3 card poker.  We are really not gamblers at all, but Matt was gracious enough to pay for us to play for a little while.  Within the first 4 hands Bob walked away with a straight and was up $250 and a couple hands later I had a Full House which put us up another $100. We decided it couldn't get any better and headed to dinner.



After another great dinner we took the long walk, in high heels, to Mandalay Bay to try out The Foundation Room.  The Foundation Room is a lounge/bar up at the top of the hotel with a killer view of the strip.



Amazing huh?  Really a great night.

The next morning we didn't even budge until 8:30 or so in the morning,  ah what a concept.  Tara was still sleeping so I went with the guys to their big event, Indoor Skydiving!  Matt had done it before, but Bob never had.




It was great to watch them get suited up in their fashionable attire and head into the wind tunnel.



 They each took turns flying with the instructor.  Bob picked it up pretty quickly but was amazed at how hard it was to control where you are in the air.

Bob Flying

Bob Flying
Matt Flying
Matt Flying
Bob was so tall that the instructor couldn't do many tricks with him because he took up most of the air.  Matt was like an ole pro and even got to fly up with the instructor!  So cool!  The guys both did awesome and it was so much fun to go and watch them.

That afternoon we spent much of our time visiting the Wynn.  Incredible place.  WOW.  It is simply gorgeous and like a trip down ritzy lane.

Inside the Wynn-AMAZING

 After a day at the Wynn, we decided it was time for us to get super dressed up and take in one of Vegas's top shows, Le Reve.





There are not enough words to describe how incredible this show was.  It was all done over water and simple breathtaking.  From the synchronized swimmers to the acrobats, divers, dancers and sets, it was beautiful.  I have seen many shows in Vegas, Le Reve is absolutely my favorite so far.


Oh it was lovely and such a great way to end our wonderful Vegas Vacation.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun trip! Can't believe you did Stripper 101...I'm still trying to figure out how to comment on the 3 "old" ladies in the class having just celebrated my 60th with a SCUBA diving trip to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thats what I love about it! 60 is hardly old, but compared to the 18 year old (yeah) leading the class it was impressive! Anna told me you got your SCUBA certificate! That is AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. Hurray for fun vacations with the hubby and close friends! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aunt linda+the 4-footed gangJanuary 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

    Yep, I'd say 60 isn't old...soon to b 62..just wait till u get there:-)

    ReplyDelete