Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Leaves are Changing....Lily too.

The Fall is here and that means that everything cold weather has come to the Colorado Mountains.  I just LOVE the Fall and actually having seasons.  The lanscape right now is beautiful, decked out in an array of colors.  It is wonderful to watch it change around us.  Seems like everyday it looks different, and a new season is upon us.  This cannot be truer felt than when we watch our Lily Grace bloom and change right in front of our very eyes.  Lily is 23 months today and in 30 more days she will be 2.  Two whole years our little miracle has been among us and in our arms.  Simply astounding.  I am so thankful that she was born in November.  With so much to be thankful for during the holiday season, it is wonderful to celebrate her birth too.  Oh Lily, you are growing up so fast!



This past month has been a great month and we have been busy, busy, busy!  Lily is into everything these days and loves to copy what Bob and I are doing.  Bob and she have really fallen in love this past month and Lily thinks Daddy hung the moon.  In the mornings, she has to say goodbye to him multiple times with no less than 3 kisses and 4 hugs.  She calmly tells him that “Daddy work” and “Bye-bye Daddy.”  The apartment doors have a distinct sound so sometimes she knows he is home even before I do.  It doesn’t matter where we are or what we are doing, Lily jumps up, races to the door all the while screaming, “Daddy home, Daddy Home, Hi Daddy.”  It’s amazing.  



Once he makes it home she cannot wait to either sit on him,  do “uppies” with him or beg him to “tickle you.”  Now, in Lily land, tickle you actually translates to tickle me, but there is a bit lost in the translation.  Fact of the matter is that she is so smart that she picked up on the phrase when we would ask her “Lily do you want Daddy to tickle you?”  We never say me, so naturally she thinks that you is me.  I know its confusing, but in her little mind it makes perfect sense.  “Tickle you” it is.

Occasionally Grandma Jill skypes with us and we get to talk to her for a while.  Lily loves seeing her Grandma and Jill cannot get enough Lily screen time.  This past month, Lily and Grandma Jill had a Skype Tea time complete with coffee, pizza and cupcakes.  Grandma would ask Lily for something and Lily would mosey over to her kitchen, “make” it and serve it to the computer screen.  



Whenever she would turn around Bob would hide it and Grandma would say “mmmmm, that tasted good.”  Lily wasn’t the wiser and it was precious to watch her interact with Grandma.  Jill was so creative too because when Lily served her a cupcake, Jill went and got a real muffin and started eating it.  Lily was sure that cupcake had transported through the computer.  What a precious moment.

These days Lily is really into cleaning messes.  She is still pretty terrified of the vacuum cleaner, but we have made the couch the “safe zone” which has made the loud machine tolerable.  Whenever I say, “Lily, Mommy needs to vacuum,” she immediately stops what she is doing, runs like mad to the couch, crawls up into its cushions and claims sanctuary.  Nothing can touch her up there and I am proud of her for finding a great coping mechanism other than screaming in terror.    Her next favorite thing is the broom and the mop.  I know that if I start hearing banging and crashing, she is desperately trying to either sweep or mop our tiny apartment with an appliance that doubles her in height.  It’s pretty cute.  She is fascinated with my scrubbing brush and any form of gloves.  




She is always quick to remind me that I need to put my blue gloves on when I do dishes or clean anything in the house.  Laundry is another one of those extra fun activities.  She loves to pull laundry in and out of my basket, put the clothes in the washer and the dryer, pour the detergent and push any button that needs pushing.  She is such a helper and I LOVE it.

Lily Grace is not a big fan of vegetables and she has had to go to bed hungry on several occasions because Mommy won’t change the meal plan.  It’s a hard lesson and let me tell you, she has let me know about it in a few instances.  I have to work on it not frustrating me because I don’t want her to grow up only eating hot dogs, eggs, peanut butter sandwiches and grapes.  



Her favorite place to be is still up at Mema’s house on the back of a horse.  



She loves to trot and canter and we find her “trotting and cantering” throughout the house.  It took us a while to figure what she was doing, but now it all makes sense.  When Mema and she ride the horses, Lily even gets to hold the reigns while they canter.  



She gets to help feed the horses, play in the water at the sink and occasionally get to go up and see the chickens at Aunt Jayne and Uncle Tom’s house.  




This month I am especially amazed at the relationship that has been budding between Mema, Papa and Lily.  She loves them dearly and I can’t help but think of my own precious Grandparents.  I loved growing up with my Mamma and Pampa.  Grandparents are some of those extra special people.  You know, when I was going through infertility and wondering if I would ever have a baby I would dream about moments like this one here.  


Such a simple moment, nothing extra special about it, but it will always and forever be one of my favorites.  This “little dream” of ours is here, as cute as a button and gonna be 2 next month.  Only one word comes to mind…..Grace.  That’s what our Lily is.



No comments:

Post a Comment