Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hope

Such a small word, but such a BIG idea.  I must admit that lately hope seems more like a dreamers fantasy rather than a real spiritual thing.  Don't get me wrong, I hope, but I have found myself a lot more cynical to the idea of hoping that things, events, what I want, will turn out for the best.    I would like things to happen a certain way, but life has a funny way of being, well, REAL.  Let me just say, sometimes, reality stinks.  Lately, I am learning something about this powerful word though.  The spiritual expression of hope comes from an ultimate hope in the Lord, not in our circumstances, not in our events.  Our hope in our circumstances comes from the promises of the Lord and the unfailing hope that He is.  Romans 15:13 says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Lily's Smile



I am simply humbled with this little family of 3 that I call mine.  Today I just know that God is Big, He is good and He wants the best for his children.  I look at these pictures and the only word that I can conjure up is hope.  Hope in a little girl's eyes and smile, hope in a marriage love thats real, hope in what is yet to come.  





My hope is renewed because I am changing how I hope.  I will  hope in God's overwhelming goodness and grace.  I will believe He will work the circumstances, whether good or bad in my life for the good.  After all, that is really what hope is.  Simply put, Hope is Christ, there is no better way to describe it.

1 comment:

  1. So very true! And LOVE the new pictures! I hope these are your Christmas shots because they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete