Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So Much to Do....So Little Time!

Lily Grace is a busy little bee right now. She has absolutely welcomed the exploratory, curiosity of toddlerhood and I LOVE it! I am having an absolute blast loving on this little ray of sunshine. She is simply everything good about our world. I look at her and cannot help but be joyful and incredibly hopeful. She is getting quite a vocabulary these days and we at the Longmire/Jessup house are seeing the endless talking in our future.



Ask about any one of these following subjects and Lily will have a lot to say about them: Mommy, Daddy, Jancsi (Comes out "gan gi"), kitty ("titty), apple, bubble, banana ("mamma), ball, potty, pee pee, poo poo, go, hi, bye, potty, and uppie to name a few. This doesn't include the signs that she communicates with either. Those include, all done, more, please and thank you. She is just so smart! Oy!

She has officially fallen in LOVE with the park. Whenever she sees the slides out the car window she instantly gets super excited and cannot wait to get there.




The swings, sand box and slides are her favorites at present and we spend our entire time hopping from one to the other. She and Jancsi love this little tunnel at our local park. They crawl over and around each other to make sure they see both sides. Simply wonderful to watch their joy.





I will tell you, my little daughter is all girl to be sure. She discovered my makeup pouch the other day and I got out my powder compact and an old brush for her to play with. She had an absolute blast. She figured out how to open the compact, put the brush on the powder and then put it.......well........somewhere on her body.



She put it in her hair, on her chest, even her leg got some powder fashion. Of course, curiosity got the better of her, and she just had to lick the powder compact. Not only did she have a sparkly tongue, but her lips sparkled too. Pretty cute.

Just in the past month or so, Bob and I have started to initiate reading time before bed. Feddy got her a little lamb bible that she loves to hold and cuddle. I also got her "The Jesus Storybook Bible," that everyone raves about and she just adores looking at the pictures. Since we have instituted this time, I find her once or twice a day back in her room sitting in Mommy's chair with her Bible. She gets in the rocker all by herself, pulls the Bible from the table and quietly goes through it.


So sweet and special. Seeing her like this makes my heart literally want to burst with pride. The Lord has given her such a sweet and tender spirit.

Lily and Jancsi have become best and fast friends. They really have a brother/sister relationship where one minute they love each other and are squealing with delight, while the other minute they are arguing over who gets the ball. It is so fun to watch them together. The other day I had the babies while Grace was out and I decided they needed some kitchen drums. I whipped out all of the bowls as well as some much needed utensil sticks and they had a blast.





Lily wanted to hold and hit everything while Jancsi was content to hold and lick everything. Great combination. Most would consider the racket that they made pure noise, but it was music to my ears. I just love to watch them play together and discover the world around them. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment