Saturday, April 21, 2012

Berry Delicious

One of the best things about North Carolina is when the strawberries start bloomin! They are simply the best tasting berries ever and it is such a fun experience to go and pick them! Yummy. Last year Grace and I took our little kiddos, but they were both so little it was somewhat lost on them. Not this year.

Porter Farms is one of the best strawberry patches around and for $8 you can pick a whole bucket of fresh berries. The best part is that you can munch while you pick. I seriously believe that we consumed twice as many berries as we picked. They were just so delicious. Lily LOVED the berries.

She saw those berries and instantly knew what to do with them. She ate and ate and ATE. She found my bucket and would pick up a berry, take a bite and then put it back in the bucket. I didn't pick up on what she was doing until I looked in my bucket and found a bunch of berries with a mysterious bite out of them.

It was so much fun to be there as a family and we had such a great time. Lily and Jancsi were covered in berry juice and we ended our morning with full tummies and a bucket full of delicious berries!

No comments:

Post a Comment