Saturday, September 24, 2011

Swing Kids

Life is good. Life is busy. Life is life. Several times a week I seriously just have to sit down and STOP for even just a few minutes to breathe and enjoy the moment. Being a Mom is so constant. Thank Goodness I love the job and the job is so satisfying! Lily gets cuter everyday, but as teeth are coming in, her whole routine is getting thrown off.


She loves to stand these days but has trouble figuring out how to sit down. So, she stands in her crib and cries herself silly until we come and sit her down. It is a sneaky little trick to avoid nap time. Too bad she's the baby and I'm the Mommy. Yes, Lily, we still nap even though you can stand!





Living with Grace has been really great because she and I get to run together. We both really understand how crucial it is to have a routine for our day. Both of us know that getting up in the morning and heading out to run before any breakfast is served or laundry done is the best way to make sure we get our exercise in. Plus, the kiddos are happy and content and usually manage to make it through the miles with little fuss. The other morning we headed over to one of our favorite 3.5 mile loops. It starts at this huge park with swings and slides and all manner of jungle gym fun. After we ran our miles we thought it might be fun to put the little ones on the swings. Both Lily and Jancsi are still far from finding park equipment super fun. We found the chair swings and thought we would give the kids a little experience. Of course, the swings were WAY too big for both of the kids. I mean even with the harness system, Lily looked like a little peanut.


Needless to say we didn't push too hard. As I was pushing Lily I kept on smiling and laughing and telling her how much fun it was. All the while she kind of looked at me with a look that said "Mom, you are way more excited about this than I am, I just really want to be in your arms instead of this swingy thing." Okay, so I took her out and over to where Jancsi was having roughly the same experience. We just couldn't help but put their little bums next to each other. What cute kiddos. Both Grace and I are really excited for the times when they can't wait to go to the park. I am especially excited about watching Lily's face light up when she slides down the slide and into my arms. Some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment