Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Favorite Things



So I have a confession to make. I have not been blogging very often this month because I have launched a MILA business and have found myself so immersed in it that I forget to blog! This is not to say that Lily Grace isn't as cute as ever and seemingly always doing something worth talking about. Nope, its just to say that this mother has not yet mastered the art of extreme multitasking.


One thing that Bob and I have done really well with Miss Lily is to encourage her to entertain herself with the things around her instead of needing bright noisy kid toys. For the most part it works really well, but occasionally she manages to get her hands on something that is less than "safe for baby." Bob was fixing the baby gate the other day and Lily really wanted to participate. She managed to located the box of nails and realize that they make a super cool shaker.






Of course, it dawned on me that, should she manage to open the box, we were going to have nails in everything. So I took that from her. She then located the zip ties and the wrench. The tool box held incredible fascination for her. It just warms my heart to watch her sit and help her Daddy.

She has also become a bit of a wine-o. Okay, maybe it isn't THAT bad, but now when I am working in the kitchen, the bottom shelf of the refrigerator has become her personal territory to explore, and she has located the wine bottle. The other night I was cooking and managed to leave the door open. I turned around to find this little scenario.



Of course after she licked the cork and bottle she put it down and licked the Steak Sauce bottle too.


When she is not exploring the fridge, she loves this little kitchen stool. Since pulling up on anything and everything is her new favorite hobby, she has discovered that she can pull up and lean on this stool for support.



She has also discovered that she can push it around too. I couldn't help but take this picture the other day.


Her little bloomers were so cute sticking out of her little dress. I find her in this position several times throughout the day. LOVE IT!

Since her attention span is still fairly short, we go through the fridge, tool box and stool pretty quickly and are in need of other occupations. She is just mesmerized with paper and loves to rip it, crinkle it, bend it and beat on it. I found this old red notebook and she went to town with it.



Of course, whenever she gets a piece off she eats it. I am sure that she has ingested far more paper than I would like, but, Oh well, a little paper fiber never hurt anyone.

Lily has a way of keeping herself entertained and keeping this Mommy on her toes. I love watching her find new things to play with and new games to play. Just yesterday she taught me this fun new game: Bathroom Peek-a-boo (I don't think she knows I can see her little feet)

"Where's Lily?"


"There she is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment