Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mama's In Charge!


Since we have moved to North Carolina, I have anxiously awaited the day when I could go to the zoo with miss Lily. The North Carolina Zoo is way over in Asheboro which is a good hour and a half away so it has taken me a while to want to brave an all day zoo trip with her. Last week, my good buddy Megan gave me a call and said that they were going and could get Lily and I in for free. So we went to the zoo.



The Zoo is ENORMOUS. It is different than any other zoo I have ever seen because it is more like an enormous nature park with animals than a touristy zoo. Seriously, if you walk along all of the pathways and see the animals in both the North America and Africa side you will walk over 8 miles. Needless to say, with two babies and a 5 year old we took the tram between the sides.




The weather was nice, humid, but nice and all of the pathways through the habitats were covered with lush North Carolina foliage. Lily can see the animals really clearly now (at least if they are active) and found the animals so funny. It was adorable. She watched the turtles and the penguins with abandon and just loved their antics.


After a couple of hours the kids all started to get fussy and a little rambunctious right as we were headed to the elephants. Megan and I couldn't help but stop at this sign for a picture.


Yes, Mama is in charge!

We all had such a great time being together and I just have to say how much fun it is to have a little girl to take to places like the zoo. It was a long day and Lily was exhausted when we got home, but it was great to see lions, tigers and bears, OH MY!

No comments:

Post a Comment