Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bulls, Floods and Baby Weight

What a week it has been! Even though I spend most of my days at home in the routine with the baby, I still feel like life as a whole stays busy. Bob and I recently joined a small group and got to attend the Durham Bull's game and sit in an air conditioned Skybox. Really pretty cool! I am not so much into the baseball, but the experience was great and we got some good pictures of our date night.



Miss Lily would not have made it through the night so she stayed home with Grace and Jancsi for some good ole fashioned routine.


This week has been the week of rain to. No let me restate, torrential, downpouring rain. WOW can it rain here. It is such a new thing to wake up in the middle of the night to torrential rain, wake up three hours later to torrential rain and then wake up in the morning.........to torrential rain! Everything was flooded! On Saturday we woke up to pouring rain so I new the long run was going to be a question mark. Bob headed out to a golf tournament and I stayed home to wait out the rain. At about 9 it looked clear so I left Lily with Grace and Sebron and headed out on my own. 7 miles later I got caught in a torrent. I was still 2 miles from home so I tried to wait it out. Just when it let up I thought "No problem, so I get a little wet." OOPS. It poured so hard that I was soaked to the bone. I literally ran upstream on the sidewalks as over 2 inches of water ran down. Made it home in one piece just a little soggy.


After that run, Grace and I decided to head out together for a morning run yesterday and discovered our favorite trail was completely flooded. We looked like we were in the lake.



We had a good laugh because anyone else would have turned around and headed home, not us. We were going to run and nothing was stopping us so we took off our shoes and waded on through. Truthfully, it was a tough way to start the run but an awesome cool down at the end.

Lastly, Lily got to go to the Doctor today for her 9 month check up and Holey Moley is she gettin' big. She is getting so cute at the doctor's office too, and squirmy! We sat her up on the scale and she weighed in at a solid 18 pounds and 9 ounces. Then they proceeded to measure her and come up with a 28 inch long little girl. Yep. She is getting big.




No wonder she is quickly growing out of all of her onesies. Thankfully she got a break from getting vaccines today and got to play around on the floor while I consulted with the Doc. She is doing wonderful and healthy as can be. Way to go Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment