Sunday, August 14, 2011

Junior Baker


I love to bake. Well actually, I just love to cook and work in the kitchen. So it would just stand to reason that little Miss Lily would have to learn her way around the bowls, spoons and spatulas. Every evening around 5:30 we head on into the kitchen and get crackin' on whatever is on the dinner menu. She plays on the floor while I chop, stir and mix. Some days she has a ball while others she fusses and makes the cooking hour a challenging one handed effort. During some of the biggest baby fits, I try anything I can find to see if it will occupy her attention. Really anything other than sharp or hot objects work like a charm.



I think she has decided that helping me make cookies is the best. She took to the spatula and mixing bowl like she knew exactly what she was doing. Of course the entire concept of keep the "stuff" in the bowl and no, eating the bowl doesn't produce cookies is somewhat lost on her, but what a good helper!

She stirred, she banged, she squealed and she giggled. What a precious little girl.

These days when she isn't helping me bake, she is starting to pull up on pretty much everything she can get the leverage on.



She started with the laundry baskets and then discovered the side of the tub. Of course, she can only stand with help and a firm spread eagle foundation, but oh she is getting so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment