Friday, December 31, 2010

Our Year in Review




WOW, 2010 has come and gone already, my time does fly. Bob and I have had an incredible 2010 filled with changes, miracles and blessings. Sometimes when I think of how blessed we have been I can't even speculate at what the next 12 months will bring. 2011 is sure to bring plenty of fun especially with a little addition to our family. Bob and I were chatting the other day about how much our life has changed since we got married. It seems like every year the Lord takes us to unexpected places. I have been learning that, in life, you can't have expectations. If you do they will most certainly not be met. The best part though is that usually the Lord supercedes those expectations and give us something better.


When 2009 ended Bob and I had thoroughly decided that it was a year of challenges and we weren't sad to see it go. Little did we know that 2010 would bring us the most amazing experiences of all! Here are some of the new things that 2010 brought.

January
Bob ran his first marathon. He dug deep to do it too because he didn't have a lot of training. Not only did he finish strong, but he made a new best friend in Justin.

February
Bob went back to school. He decided that he might want to get his masters at some point and was short a few prerequisites.
I ran my first 7 minute mile. It hurt!

March
WE ARE PREGNANT! Amazing.
I also decided that I wanted to be a real estate broker and headed back to night school. Morning/all day sickness was awesome especially when I was sitting through a lecture at 9pm.

April
Bob and I went to Country Thunder. What an experience, with plenty of honkey tonk and cowboy fun. We had a blast with Traci, Justin, Joan and Loren.

May
Found out that in a few months we will no longer be Arizonans, but North Carolinians. Not only were we going to move, but move 2200 miles away.

June
Bob and I found out that we were having a girl! Bob was also travelling every week for work. He, Matt and their dads also got a real treat by going to the US Open and watching the big wigs play golf.

July
We packed up our house and officially moved to North Carolina. Bye Arizona!

August
Woke up in North Carolina, found ourselves totally out of our league with the road systems, and bought ourselves our first GPS. Thank Heavens!

September
I joined MOPS. I am so glad that I did too because it has been an awesome place to connect with new moms and experienced moms. Mommyhood is much easier with buddies.

October
Went to my first ever State Fair! Bob tried fried oreos for the first time and we saw an 800 pound pumpkin. What a blast and a fascinating experience. Can't wait for next year!

November
Bob and I had a baby! Our miracle Lily came screaming into our lives and made us the happiest people in the world.

December
First Christmas as a family of 3.
Our year has been very blessed and one we will not soon forget. I can only imagine what the next year holds.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment