Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow...


LET IT SNOW! Yes, we had a very beautiful White Christmas out here in North Carolina. Well technically it was the day after Christmas but it still counts for me. I could not believe my eyes when I woke up with Lily at 3AM and saw blizzarding snow outside of our window. I told Lily all about snow and we talked about how beautiful it was. A couple of hours later, this is what we woke up to, a wintery wonderland. After living in Arizona, we have found ourselves sorely underprepared for the winter conditions and discovered that we now have to own one of those car scraper thingys (you know what I am talking about!). Surprisingly, it really wasn't all that cold so the three of us took a walk in the snow and went to Target. Lily is that bump on Bob's chest. She loved her spot and slept the entire time! What a great excursion and we got to put our winter hats, gloves and boots to good use.





Lily has been smiling non stop lately. It is so much fun to try to get her to smile.



For those parents out there, you know the lengths a mommy will go to to encourage a smile. Sometimes I make myself laugh. We are really hoping that one of these times a true giggle pops out. She is more alert every day and it is so neat to watch her take in the world around her. Bob has spent many of those times reading to her. She loves it even if she sleeps through them.





Right now her favorite place is up on mom and dad's shoulder.




She especially loves it when I am in the kitchen doing anything. It is difficult to get things done one handed but I love it when she is happy. The best part is that she is awake so much more these days so her naps and night times are slowly getting better.



Bob and I laughed so hard the other day. Bob set her down on the couch to help me with something and we both came back into the living room to find her desperately trying to suckle on the corner of one of our couch pillows. Sorry babe, that just won't work!


We finally decided that it was time to transition her into her crib. It was harder than I thought it would be to have her out of the room, but so needed.


She makes so much noise while sleeping that my heightened mommy senses inhibit my sleeping. The first night she slept for 3 hours then woke up and wanted to eat every hour and a half.....awesome. Last night I put her in her crib at about 9, let her cry for a few and she fell asleep. I snuggled in on the couch thinking that it wasn't going to last very long. When I finally heard her, I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 4 AM! I was so shocked that I looked at all of the clocks thinking something was amiss. Nope, she really did sleep for 7 hours straight! When she woke up she was mad and starving. Whoa! I would love to believe that 7 hours is now the norm, but I have a feeling it is still the exception instead of the rule. That is okay because I feel somewhat recharged.

1 comment:

  1. Relieved, Lily says "finally those two let me sleep in my own room so I can get some rest without them waking me up all night long!" Love you three!

    ReplyDelete