Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Don't Miss It!




Merry almost Christmas everyone! It is hard to believe that Christmas day is almost here. Time goes by so quickly when you aren't an 8 year old with a patience problem!

After Feddy and Kemo left Lily, Mommy and Daddy had some time together. Unfortunately, we spent the time dealing with a stomach bug. Yeah, AWEFUL. Poor Bob spent all day last Thursday throwing up and I ended up with a fever. Yucky! I kept on praying that Lily would dodge the worst and she did for the most part. I think she ended up with some stomach troubles though because she was so fussy and looked so uncomfortable. For two nights Lily and I spent pretty much the whole night together either crying or headed to the bathroom. Thankfully, Grandma Hill came for a visit so I was able to give Lily to her in the morning and get some sleep. It was exhausting and so sad. It is so hard to have a sick kid that doesn't want to sleep and not get frustrated. With Jill here and the lack of sleep it started to feel like I just got to have Lily to eat and scream at night. How demoralizing!


At my last MOPS meeting one of the Moms told me that one day Lily will want to hear stories of when she was a baby and so it is important to remember the good times. During this new mom time it is sometimes hard to stay focused on the precious moments when you seem lost in an endless round of feeding, burping, changing, sleeping, crying, fussing, changing and repeat. Just a couple of days ago I decided to stay home when Jill took Rocky to the lake and hold my baby. She just curled up on my chest and slept soundly.


There is nothing more precious than a tiny sleeping infant on your chest. Those moments won't last forever and I want to be sure I remember them.




Just a word to all those Moms out there, don't miss the special moments! They are here one minute and gone the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment