Thursday, December 2, 2010

Faith Fulfilled


I have wanted to write this blog for a while, but really wanted to put some thought into it. Interestingly, it is much more difficult to get deep and meaningful when you are constantly distracted by a squirming little one needing something from you. Yet every time I am disrupted I am reminded that we have a precious little baby in our lives.

Before you read this blog, go back to February of this year and read the post "Mountains of Faith." I wrote that post in a time of our lives when the odds were stacked against us for having a baby. I was discouraged and felt at the end of my rope. In that post I gave it all up, gave it back to the Lord and made the decision to trust that God could do the impossible. I made a gesture of faith by purchasing a newborn onsie fully believing that someday the Lord would fill it even if it was through adoption or scientific intervention.

Two weeks later the Lord gave us Lily in the form of a digital "Pregnant," and 9 months later, she is here in the flesh.



Somedays, I am just in awe at how the Lord has blessed us. Deuteronomy 2:7 tells us, "The LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything." Our infertility journey felt like a wilderness and yet the Lord never left us. As a matter of fact her precious form was already known. Psalm 139:13-16

For you created her inmost being; you knit her together in her mother’s womb. 
 I praise you because she is fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, 
 I know that full well. 


Her frame was not hidden from you when she was made in the secret place, 
When she was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw her unformed body; 
All the days ordained for her were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Amazing!

The Lord works in mysterious ways especially in a world that is full of sin and sadness. The Lord's presence is still here and He blesses. Psalm 31:19 "How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you." He has shown me how important it is to trust Him and to not worry. Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” I am overwhelmed with joy at how beautifully the Lord has fulfilled His promises to Bob and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment