Saturday, December 4, 2010

Momma Got Her Boots Back!




I love the Christmas season. There is something so awesome about the holiday spirit that perpetuates the world around us. Eventhough there are some crazy shoppers out there and traffic galore, it is so much fun to see everything decorated with bright reds, greens, silvers and golds. All of the stores have Christmas music playing and people are wearing sweaters and smiles, I love it. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. This year is so special because it will be Lily's first Christmas.




We will miss not being in Illinois or Colorado for the holiday time, but will enjoy establishing some traditions of our own. Being in such a small apartment we have to keep our Christmas decorations to a minimum partly because we don't have the room to store everything. With a new little one in the house, it took us a couple of days just to get the tree up and decorated.





I know, it is only a three foot tree. Thank Heavens! Any bigger and it still wouldn't be decorated! Every year I love unwrapping all of the ornaments that we have collected over the years. I discovered that I have my Baby's First Christmas ornament. It is a little old and worn, but still cute. I have pulled out all of my Christmas music and play it all the time. Now all I need is the Winter Wonderland and it would be perfect!

I am starting to learn Lily's cries and what they mean. Her hunger cry is so distinctive it is like she is speaking clearly "I AM STARVING!" It has this high pitched wail and she is just inconsolable.


The cutest thing is when the tears start to fall and they are these big alligator tears that run down her face. Poor Baby. She is already becoming a bit of a diva.


She sleeps like a rock when we are holding her, but has started to complain when we have to put her in her swing or crib. Oh Boy! The other day she screamed all day long. To be totally honest there was a moment of the day when I just looked at my screaming child and thought, Yup, that is a sinful creature. Thank Heavens for God's saving grace!


We have also transitioned her to the cool tummy tub bathtub. Her first time was on the day when she screamed all day anyway, so I was not surprised when she didn't take to it as I would have hoped. She sure looked cute though.




Today she is officially four weeks and this morning Bob and I went for a run on the American Tobacco Trail. It was once a railroad track that has been converted to a running trail. I am back at running and so happy about it.





I was able to get 3 miles in before all of my muscles and legs petered out. I will tell you, having a baby changes so much of your body. It is going to take a while to get my core back. Right now it is on the "mushy" side. Praise the Lord for breastfeeding though because I was able to squeeze into my skinny jeans last night and put on my boots again! Whoo Hoo.


Bob took me out for date night last night and I cannot tell you how much fun I had in my saucy boots and skinny jeans. To be honest I did have a slight muffin top that I had to carefully conceal but hey, I was in them! I forgot how much I missed wearing heels and cute boots. The past 10 months were spent in flats, flip flops and socks. What fun!

4 comments:

  1. YOU are ADORABLE!!!!! I love the boots and you look amazing. Never would I have guessed you had a baby just 4 weeks ago. Love you Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family pictures are so wonderful and you look incredible! (You have set the bar very high!: )) Your little diva makes me smile- especially the pic of her crying in the chair by the tree. Love you guys and am so thankful for your little Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 weeks...skinny jeans...really? Love the pics, especially the one of Rocky and Bob running through the tunnel of trees. Oh and of course all the pictures with that adorable Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up on the tummy tub...or on me calling you back! The time difference is killing me! Thinking of you often. That little Lily is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete