Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Who needs a spleen?

(Okay, little catch up here.....I am not in a season of keeping regular with this blog.  I keep making posts and then backdating them to give the illusion that I am keeping up, but its a big ole Instagram filter.  I have loads of stories I haven't told, but all of them are important.  So, instead of backdating and having a few stories with little to no actual thought, I think Ill just come clean.  This time of life right now has us moving more than ever before.  Moving spiritually, mentally, physically, and just as a family.  The girls are growing and expanding in school, sports, and everywhere meanwhile I am deep diving into yoga, my soul, and becoming more of who and what I want to be in this world.  Its scary and wonderful and amazing and not blog conducive.  So kids, readers, bear with me.  Our story is one to tell, and frankly there may just be a few chapters here that fall a bit flat.  But I am still here, still saving, still living, and still making way through life. )

At the end of February, one morning in the middle of all my doing, I got a call from Dad. Mom had unexplainably woken up with horrendous stomach pain, passed out, woken up again, and passed out.  When she came to Dad and my Uncle rushed her into the ER. Doctors scanned and tested only to find her abdomen full of blood with complete uncertainty as to why.

Prudence being the better part of judgement, the doc quite literally sent her in to emergency exploratory abdominal surgery.  In other words, Mom was "filleted like a fish" from stem to stern.  

I, of course, packed myself up as soon as I could and headed up to the mountains.  Mom made it through surgery where the Doc discovered that the artery to Mom's spleen had ruptured causing massive internal bleeding. She is not spleenless with a large battle scar to show for it.  

Put simply Mom met with Death and discovered there is still much more God has for her. 


I spent my days helping Dad with chores, hitting the gym, heading to the hospital to help in whatever way was needed, and be a smile.  It matters.




Mom came home within 5 days of her surgery with just as much fighting spirit as she went in with.  I guess that's where I get all of my gumption.  Checks out.


It was a frightening week full of trying to do all of the things, but I am ever so grateful that Mom is still here doing all of her things.

And lets just say, I was missed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment