Wednesday, May 1, 2024

From California to Texas to the White Mountains

Its almost the end of school, and this is the SPRING BREAK POST.  Lordy.









Spring Break started with a trip to the mountains for snow and to drop Evie off for her adventure to Texas.

Lily and I headed to California with Grandma Jill for a few days of surf, sun, and beach.











I adore my teenager.  I truly do.  She is fun, and gorgeous, and spicy.  Im just here for it.  I truly am grateful for every adventure we get to have.






We took a Crossfit class together.  The kid is tough as nails.



And we got to see the Queen Mary!











Lily was in love with the boat and the best part is the knowledge that I have old pictures when I visited the QE eons ago.  Some of them in the same place as she and I stood!













Seeing the last remaining propeller in the dark water is terrifying! Insanely so.














Our final day was on the beach and it was delightful.  I love being on the beach when it isn't super hot out. We walked the beach, played briefly in the waves, did handstands, and took beachy photos.






Lily dug a hole.




When all of us got home, I snagged the girls and took them up to check in on Memaw for a couple of days.





We had a blast at the White Mountain Family fun park and enjoyed playing games, and spending time with Memaw.


Once we all made it home it was time for snuggles, dishes and laundry, and the WHOLE family helped.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment