Monday, November 14, 2022

Girls Gone RX


As I approached turning 40 I set myself a list of bucket list items a few months ago.  Some of them I have checked off the list while others have not, and new ones have been added!  First Crossfit Competition, CHECK!

As I am getting older the desire to remain and age strong has become a huge priority.  I want to be able to lift heavy things and move my body in all the directions without pain.  Crossfit Raidho has been a huge godsend for me and I am SO EXCITED to watch my strength grow.  In the 6 months that I have been a member I have seen muscles develop and finding power I never knew I had.  Its cool.


These two amazing women are part of my gym and Jessica asked if we wanted to be a team for the Girls Gone RX competition.  This competition is a womens only team even and an absolute blast!  We trained together every week leading up to the event and team Strong as a Mother came together ready and strong.  

Crossfit competitions are a blast because you get to know and train for the various workouts.  This competition had 4 work outs.  


This first workout was SPICY.  As a newer to Crossfit athlete, I am newer to the movement patterns, let alone adding the weight.  At 65 pounds we all knew that getting through those thrusters was gonna be hard.  After our first training session I realized that I was gonna be challenged.


Workout #2 became my favorite..... heres the story.  So we all decided that I was going to be Teammate 2 in the workout.  I had never attempted a 1 rep max weight clean before and 2 weeks before the comp I attempted 125# and failed.  Not only did I fail, but I rolled down and through a weird set of events hit the ground with the full weight of that bar on my right wrist.  It hurt and I was convinced I may have broken something.  Next day I went to my chiro who checked my wrist and found no breaks, but man was it sore.  That 1 Rep Max was now in my head.  For the next two weeks I worked hard to strengthen everything else in the hopes I could do that 125# in competition.  Not only did I do it, but I did it soundly!!!  So great!



Workout #3 was just an epic Ring Row challenge......


And Workout #4 was a BLAST with the synchro burpees and the team deadlifts.  This sport is just so much fun and these ladies made it all the better!







This first competition was wonderful and even though we didn't place we all learned a lot and have even more goals now.  So many strong and incredible women came to play and I won't lie, its really fun to be amongst their ranks!




No comments:

Post a Comment