Thursday, June 6, 2019

Toodeloo 2nd Grade!

This little girl is amazing.  She just finished her 2nd grade year with FLYING colors and is now an official 3rd grader. Sometimes its really just overwhelming how truly quickly the years go by.  I LOVE how this little girl is growing up.



This year was a big year for her especially in her reading.  She has worked tirelessly to hit the benchmark level for her grade.  We are still working on falling in love with reading, but the kid now enjoys sitting down and reading with me.

Her friendships were awesome this year and we are truly grateful for a year of less drama.  Lily loves in such a big way and she has so many friends.  Every time that I was able to help in the class I couldn't help but smile at how well she navigates all sorts of relationships.  Its cool to see.





We are exceptionally grateful for Mrs Bycott, the Principal.  This woman truly cares about her school and her kids.  Each of my girls have gotten to know her since both of them earned star student status and a lunch with her.  She is special and I look forward to more years working with her.


One hope that I have always had for my girls is that they will be surrounded by incredible women, and they have been.  Nicole McBrien was Lily's teacher this year and you can tell how much Lily loves her by this smile.  What a special woman.


Dearest Lily Lu, you baby girl are growing up and becoming a young woman.  You are smart and kind and your emotional intuition rivals mine.  That is special, you are special, and your life is very special.  I am so very proud of you.  Lily, dream big, enormous, and ostentatious things.  Don't let life, or anyone tell you what you can't do.  You are POSSIBLE, and you purposed for a life of great things.

I love you,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment