Monday, May 13, 2019

Evie Bee......the STAR!

I cannot even begin to tell you all the pride that I feel writing this blog post.  As a Mother, one of the biggest lessons I have learned is that you can teach all the right stuff, give all the good foundations, teach the right and the wrong and give your kids all of the tools, but at the end of the day, they are their own little beings and will damn well do what they please.

Its equal parts incredible and terrifying, and last year during preschool, when I spent 2 weeks in the principal's office with this little spitfire, I had to come face to face with this little truth nugget.

FREE WILL is a thing y'all!




But the truth still remains establishing a foundation, no matter how much free will your little one has, will be an integral part of their character.  No matter how many questionable decisions they might make, at their core, they will understand what's right, and whats wrong.  This is Evie


And she is a star student!

Oh my heart, its so happy.  Evie came home a week ago with the pronouncement that "I had lunch with the principal!"

I had a brief moment of trepidation before she piped up that she was the STAR student that month for Kindergarten.  Oh I wanted to jump for joy and by golly, I DID!


This little girl has come LEAPS and BOUNDS in her maturity, confidence, and self awareness.  She is bold and gets this whole going to school thing.  For the past month she remains daily on Pink (the highest behavior color you can be) and has independently challenged herself with her word lists.  This kid is on her 13th word list and determined to sit herself in the hot seat as soon as she can.  She has found sheer determination, drive, and belief in herself.  

So DAMN proud of her.


Evie has this innate ability to motivate herself.  She is not so worried about what you think about her, but by golly, if she wants something, the kid goes after it.  It has been so much fun watching her figure it out and EXCEL.  



Its hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that she is now nearly a 1st grader.  And yet, of course she is.  Bold, smart, confident, helpful, wonderful, amazing EVIE BEE, the STAR of the month!


No comments:

Post a Comment