Monday, October 1, 2018

Glory Moments

So to set this post up a bit, I literally just got off a plane. I have been in CO for the past 5 days taking pictures.  In that time our house flooded leaving half of our house with a demoed floor, all furniture etc strewn about. I have a foot injury that is not getting better causing me to have to back out of not 1 but 2 races that I have been looking forward to, and be a non runner for the next several weeks.......

And I am here, listening to the multiple fans fill my house with noise, petting my puppy, and writing this blog.  

Now, before you feel too sorry for me, that isn't why I told you all of those things..... (although you will be getting some blogs.....sometime).  Oddly, I am really doing pretty okay.  Its frustrating, unnerving, and very chaotic, but all of it is just a blip in this grand story called life.  I am more aware than ever about what really matters and finding that even amidst my doubts I think I have my priorities right.  


What matters is this.

Family, journey, love, hope, togetherness.......its the gold of this life, and my treasure chest is overflowing with it.  

The other Sunday we woke up and decided to walk the sunshine up.  So we grabbed the girls and the puppy and headed to a nearby trail.  



The desert is spectacular in the morning, and contrary to our night hike experience, the girls loved watching the sun literally burst over the Superstitions.  



This new chapter of our lives where we can all go hiking together on a Sunday morning is a blessing and today, I am really grateful for the simple glory of a rising sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment