Saturday, October 20, 2018

Playing with Ponies

These three. You know when I was little I can remember my Momma talking about the day when I would have little girls and she could teach them to ride horses and do all the things she loves.  Man did I deliver!  Give these girls some muck boots, a barn, horses, and hay, and they are all pretty happy campers.



It was deliciously cool up in the mountains while we were there.  Cold enough that we valley folk had to wear layers, plus a hat, and snuggle the fire!  So much fun!




When we finally got outside, the girls were all in with the horses.  This little old lady has been a staple in my life since I was 7.  Sweet Bon Bon, how grateful I am that both my girls will have lasting memories on her.  She still trucking along even though she is most definitely in her twilight years.  



Lily's current favorite ride is this guy, RJ.  He is awesome, and a bully.  Awesome for kids, bully to other horses.  He really is a sweet boy though, and Lily and Mr. RJ have found a true companionship.  I dare say Lily is becoming quite the rider.




One day while out in the arena, Memaw spotted this little guy!  A TARANTULA!  He was so cute and just desperately trying to find his way out of the endless rocky arena.  I had a blast and once again the girls learned about another spider that inhabits the desert!








I was still nursing my very injured foot and couldn't do much but sit and watch, but I am so glad for the time my girls get with their Memaw, learning about animal care, and finding out they are good at yet another sport.  Its good and what childhood memories are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment